[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
docspin

Long way to go...

3 posts in this topic

Bahrain - it's a long way to go to watch a race that I personally didn't find all that exciting today.  I guess the main body of spectators are the super-wealthy who can afford to jet in for the day, soak up the champagne and then be off.  I doubt many 'regular' fans would travel so far, especially as the place is probably not exactly full of other things to do to justify the air fare.  Would you go?  

Um, it's not exactly high on my 'to-do' list.  It's probably very ignorant of me, but I have the impression it's just a desert with a track in it.  I know Dubai's in that same area, and that has quite a lot to do, but how similar are the two countries?  

To be honest, I had to Google it to even pinpoint where it is..!  Turns out it's actually an island in between Saudi Arabia and Qatar and it's relatively small, so probably not a desert like you were thinking (no vast Sahara-like landscapes).  Tourism-wise, it looks like the main sights are forts and museums.  So in all, probably quite quiet in comparison to the bustle of Dubai.