[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Deppoccanot

My 1st time @ Melbourne: Which grandstand to choose?

12 posts in this topic

Hi there!

This year I'll visit Melbourne for the first time. Which grandstand to choose?

Wanted to pick one of their 4 Corners tickets, but they seem to be sold out already - at least the site I checked.

I'll be happy for any other suggestions.

Flynn

Edited by Deppoccanot
Me... wrote Montreal instead of Melbourne. I'm going to Melbourne!!! ;) Sorry!

Flynn, congratulations. 1st member & 1st posting award goes officially to you ;)
Welcome to motorsport.travel, very very pleased to have you on board!

Thanks James, but Canada is to far for me for now :D

No problem! Hope you get to a Grand Prix and have a fantastic time at it! Belgium for me this year, can't wait!

Hi Becketts!

Meeeeee... Sometimes. I don't know. However. Posted in the Australian GP forum and wrote I'm going to to Montreal. Of course it's MELBOURNE that i go to! Yeah :)

Sorry for caused confusions :)

Flynn

Where did you end up choosing to sit Deppoccanot?  Did you have a good time?  I have cousins who live in Sydney and have long wanted to tie in a visit to see them with the Aussie GP.  But every time I get close to saving up a decent amount, some unexpected bill or expense arrives and wipes it out.  :(

Hi MissusV! We ended up with General Admission tickets. Was great actually. Wouldn't have needed a grandstand seat on the end...

Fantastic!  Do you think you'll go again next year?  I read today that the 2016 Australian GP is not going to be till April, instead of the usual mid-March.  Something about trying to reduce the gaps between races later in the year.  

Oh I would LOVE to, but it would take us so much time to save up just to pay for the flights never mind the race weekend itself.  :(  However it's nice to have something to aim for, so we might start planning a number of years ahead for a once in a lifetime trip to coincide with a Significant Wedding Anniversary or something.