[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Crast1969

Monaco. Place to stay?

8 posts in this topic

Hi there!

Bit empty here, yet. Anyway, I do visit a lot of races every year and like the idea of meeting other racing geeks and travel together.

This year's gonna be my first Monaco visit though. Tickets I have. Transportation settled. Any idea where to stay? All seems crazy expensive there for my taste... 

Thanks,

Lizzie

Lizzie, welcome!

Well, Monaco... On top of the Grand Prix, at the same time there's also the Film Festival in Cannes.
While this guarantees always Moviestars turning up in the Paddock of the race, prices are just up, up, up.

Look at cities outside but on the railroad. Like Mouans Sartoux or Grasse. Or try Italy even... 

Hi Lizzie!

First of all - welcome to motorsport.travel!

Have you tried AirBnB

I'm usually very satisfied with the flats I've reserved there and as I can see, there are still some reasonable prized offers for the Grand Prix weekend.

Good luck :)

Jeff

AirBnB is always a great option, and normally priced cheaply compared to many hotels. I know you said you were interested in meeting new people and going to races with them, so you may want to check out Couchsurfing as another option. You get to meet new people, enjoy their culture, stay in their home, and all for free!

Couchsurfing sounds very interested and like a lot of fun! Have heard of it, but never tried. Which website do you use? 

Couchsurfing sounds very interested and like a lot of fun! Have heard of it, but never tried. Which website do you use? 

​I've actually never couchsurfed before, and found out about it online while reading some articles about traveling the world on a budget. I would try couchsurfing.com. As a disclaimer, I don't remember the exact sites that were in the article I found, unfortunately. :(

Thanks Eris. I might try couchsurfing and report back here. Already in contact with a  nice couple directly in Monaco ;)

Thanks Eris. I might try couchsurfing and report back here. Already in contact with a  nice couple directly in Monaco ;)

​You are very welcome Crast1969. Please update us and let us know what you do decide. I have never tried couchsurfing or have any experience with it, so I'd love to hear your experience & try to decide if it is a service for me or not.