[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
F1

Will there be a 2015 German Grand Prix?

Will there be a 2015 German Grand Prix?   4 votes

1. 1. Bernie says, chances are less then 50%, what do you think?

• Yes, at Hockenheim
    • Yes, at Nürburgring
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Last weeks have shown an active discussion about the German Grand Prix. Where is it held? Is it going to be held? Do we need it? What's your opinion about it?

Unfortunately, I think Nürburgring is out of the picture. Hockenheimring made massiv losses last year. A new contract (obviously with a much higher price tag due to the USD/EUR exchange rate) will be to expensive. As we know that little-greedy-british-man who runs the show: No money, no honey. Sad :(

I was quite sad to hear that there is little to no chance that the German Grand Prix will be held. I think it really is quite a shame. But, with how the economy is, I'm not really too surprised. Maybe next year they will hold one?

Hi guys,

really disappointing to hear this news... I am from Austia and now, as the Austrian race is sold out I planned to go to Germany... :(

Such a shame to hear about the Germany race being cancelled & the Austrian race already being sold out! Bianka, are there still seats available for the Hungarian race? Let me know, please.

What do you think this might mean for other European races?  How low does attendance have to get before other circuits or countries get the chop?  I've never been a race in person but one day I hope to...but not if it means long-haul travel!  

I do have to wonder how Bernie expects things to carry on the way that they are.  There's going to come a point when the older fans who can still afford to go may not be able to, and there will be no 'next generation' of fans coming through to replace them.  It really annoyed me when he said F1 doesn't need to appeal to younger fans because they don't have the income needed to spend on Rolex watches and other sponsors' goods.